The Martinson Group
The Martinson Group
Home
About
Services
Portfolio
On the Boards
Contact

 
HISTORIC PRESERVATION
Restoration  

Shippen Manor
Oxford, NJ
The complete restoration of this 1785 iron-master house for use as a house museum and cultural facility for Warren County was completed in three phases.  Extensive research of original materials and exacting restoration techniques were employed to restore exterior and interior facades. 

Bachman Public House
Easton, PA
Restoration of the 1754 urban stone tavern and adjacent house once the residence of George Taylor was pivotal to city tourism and cultural education.  Restoration documents were fully detailed in accordance with National Park Service Standards and in conjunction with State review agencies.

Delaware Water Gap Train Station
Delaware Water Gap, PA
Restoration documents involved reconstructing all frame roofing, reconstruction/restoration of timber brackets and extant exterior wood work, masonry repair and stabilization, sheet metal gutter and roofing replacement, and door/window repairs.



Renovation  

The Cloister
Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA

This 1928 Dutch Revival dormitory is the focal point of the Juniata College campus and the centerpiece of the updated campus master plan.  The completed renovation and adjacent site improvements have allowed the building to regain its important symbolic presence on the campus.

Zeta Psi Fraternity
Tau Chapter - Lafayette College, Easton, PA

The phased renovation of this 1924 stone fraternity house involved upgraded exterior roofs and drainage system (through decorative bracket sheet metal cornice), wood porches and porticos, windows/doors, and internal finishes throughout with the integration of new mechanical, electrical and fire protection systems.

Tussey / Terrace Halls
Juniata College, Huntgindon, PA

Complete interior and exterior renovations to this 175 room residential dormitory complex built in 1966 included complete replacement of all systems, interior and exterior upgrades and replacement, and revisions for conformance to ADA requirements.  Exterior patio spaces were added for a sculpture space, seating, outdoor bonfire, and gathering space.


Adaptive Reuse  

Oller Center - International Studies
Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA

This 2-1/2 story brick and stone building was originally designed as the Presidents’ House adjacent to the main campus quadrangle.  Reuse of the home for international studies program required a complete interior rehabilitation while retaining many original features. The transformation of the garage into two classrooms and instructors offices, and new outdoor patios for holding informal gatherings of the international students.

Carnegie Hall - Art Center
Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA

Originally built as the campus library, this richly detailed 1917 Beaux-Arts building with central domed rotunda was transformed into an art gallery and art instructional spaces.  Discrete glass walls were installed to isolate gallery spaces and provide temperature controls.   The entire building was made handicapped accessible with discrete ramps near the rear loading docks.

 

 

NJ Web Design - Flying Turtle Studio - 2007